When it comes to choosing the shampoo we must be as careful as possible. This is not just a simple product to clean your furry. It is about the care of the skin and hair, the largest organ of your dog's body.
There are many factors to take into account to know how to choose the right shampoo for your dog . However, none of them vary for solid or liquid shampoo, the most important thing is that the shampoo that is applied is the best product for your pet. The selection of shampoo and conditioner should be thought according to your hair type, need, age, etc.
In recent years we have seen that the options for bar or solid shampoo have grown. Both the liquid shampoo and the solid shampoo have the same function: to clean, moisturize and nourish your dog's hair, and in no case is one better than the other.
Solid Pet Shampoo vs Liquid Pet Shampoo
Although both products can work perfectly for your dog or cat, we are going to leave you with some advantages of solid shampoos that you should consider before knowing which one you prefer to use for your furry.
- Bar shampoo lasts much longer than liquid shampoo. Solid shampoos are more concentrated compared to the liquid form and less product is consumed when bathing your pet.
- The bar shampoo usually makes a large amount of foam, this increases the feeling of freshness and relaxation in the dog.
- Dog or cat shampoo bar creates much less waste. This product does not need bottling and its presentations usually come in small cardboard boxes.
- If you go on a trip with your dog, you can easily take the solid shampoo with you, since it takes up less space in your luggage.
- In general, solid shampoos tend to generate less waste in their preparation. They are much more environmentally friendly products.
- more natural ingredients.
It is often thought that solid pet shampoo is more natural and 100% sulfate-free, although it is true, the truth is that there are also liquid shampoo options free of sulfates and silicones.
Some special pet shampoo formulas that meet the specific needs of certain breeds or coat types have not yet been developed into solid versions. Liquid shampoo, for the moment, offers a greater variety of products with specific solutions, especially in the grooming area.
The effect of the solid shampoo will also depend on the type of hair of the dog. In some cases the shampoo bar can leave a harsher result on the dog's coat. This may be due to the type of coat and it is likely that it requires an extra product, such as a vegan conditioner for pets , to gain softness.
It is true that the shampoo bar is a friendlier alternative to the planet, which ends up generating long-term savings and is much more comfortable to use. But there is no difference, in terms of functionality, between them.
The only thing we can tell you is that it is a wise decision to opt for solid shampoo to help the planet.